Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Letter to King Arthur

Dear King Arthur,
I have discovered the correct crown that belongs to you. It is solid gold, brought by your beloved knight Sir Gawain. There were five crowns, all identical, brought by Sirs Lancelot, Percival, Bedivere, Gawain, and Galahad. Each crown is a different substance. I had found your kingly crown that rightfully belongs to you.


You might not be convinced, doubtful even. Before you send me to the gallows, allow me to assure you why I am correct. If my letter does not correctly convince of your crown’s appearance, do with me what you will. My evidence is down below, with a table of substances and their densities. Crown number one was recovered by Sir Lancelot. Unfortunately, this crown is solid silver, not your golden one. The mass of the crown is 1,890 g (grams). The volume of the crown is 180 centimeters3. This is the volume for all of the crowns. I divided the mass by the volume to get a density of 10.5 g/cm3, the density of silver, what this crown was made up of. Crown number two was recovered by Sir Percival. The mass of the crown is 486g (grams). The volume of the crown is 180 centimeters3. I got a density of 2.7g/cm3, the density of aluminum. Crown number three was recovered by Sir Bedivere. The mass of the crown is 1404g (grams). The volume of the crown is 180 centimeters3. I got a density of 7.8g/cm3, the density of steel. Crown number four was recovered by Sir Gawain. The mass of the crown is 3474g (grams). The volume of the crown is 180 centimeters3. I divided the mas by the volume to get a density of 19.3g/cm3, the density of solid honest to goodness gold. Crown number five was recovered by Sir Galahad. The mass of the crown is 2430g (grams). The volume of the crown is 180 centimeters3. I got a density of 13.5g/cm3, the density of lead. The knight whom selected the correct crown was none other than the beloved Sir Gawain. Crown four was the correct crown.


Substance
Density in grams per cubic cm.
Wood (oak)
0.85
Aluminum
2.7
Silver
10.5
Steel
7.8
Lead
13.5
Gold
19.3





I hope most dearly that you, my beloved king believe me and my evidence. I have successfully found your rightful crown. I hope that you believe that I have succeeded and you send the reward. If not, do with me what you will; I will not protest. I wish you well and best of the morning to you.


Sincerely,
Liliana Echeverria

7B Class of 2027

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is There Life in Space? 5/23/19

Link  by NASA Solar System Exploration       We all know the typical sci-fi movie where an alien monster drops out of some unknown pl...