Sunday, January 31, 2016

Crystal experiments 1/31/16

http://www.ephotosworld.com/images/image-of-sugar.jpg

This week I started to discover crystals. The Experiments we were doing were all about trying to discover the unknown crystal. On the piece of paper we had salt, sugar, MSG, and Epsom salt. I was looking at all of the different crystals and trying to find differences and similarities. Salt and sugar both looked like little cubes. Then, I was given an unknown crystal and was trying to figure out what it was. It looked a lot like Epsom salt, But it only had clear crystals. Epsom had clear and white crystals. It couldn't be MSG because MSG was like tiny little shreds. Salt and sugar were much to small to be the unknown crystal. Then, instead of observing them, we crushed them to see if that was another way to find out. The Epsom and the unknown both were crushed into a fine powder, but were still different colors. Will we ever find the identity of the unknown?





S&EP: SP4:Analyzing and interpreting data
I used a worksheet to keep track of my data. We had several different worksheets to draw my data upon. I had a lot of data.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is There Life in Space? 5/23/19

Link  by NASA Solar System Exploration       We all know the typical sci-fi movie where an alien monster drops out of some unknown pl...