Thursday, November 15, 2018

Evolution Project Blog 11/15








Our evolutionary project was finished this week. For the Designer Species, we needed to create a new species of animal that would be able to survive on an alien planet of our choice. Along with that, we needed to create a slideshow presentation about our organism to share with the class. My slideshow presentation is embedded above, along with the complete final drawing.

I really learned a lot about how organisms develop different traits in order to survive in their environment. Their habitat may pose some challenges for them - drought, downpours, poisonous plants, little to eat - and organisms can find ways to survive under any of these circumstances.

In order to see better, the Darkat’s eyes are extra large, and it has bioluminescence on antennae to see better while it hunts. It teaches its babies how to hunt, fight and hide to survive. It can dig small holes to live in so that the nocturnal predators can’t even get inside their shelter. They are able to swim, climb and dig to survive, and all of these traits help it live.

Backward Looking:
What problems did you encounter while you were working on this piece? How did you solve them?
In this project, some problems I came across started with not understanding what to do for the slideshow. I wasn’t really sure what the teacher wanted, so I asked my classmates what they were thinking of doing until I understood what we were supposed to be doing. I also had trouble with timing, so I had to wake up really early on Thursday and work on my drawing for an hour before class.

Inward Looking: How do you feel about this piece of work? What parts of it do you particularly like? Dislike? Why? What did/do you enjoy about this piece or work?

My favorite part of working on this was the drawing. It didn’t matter if I messed up, because nobody knows how it’s supposed to look, anyway. I made it up, so only I know what it needs to have. The drawing part was really fun for me. I’m proud of the work that I did, and I hope other people like it, too.

Outward Looking: What the one thing you particularly want people to notice when they look at your work?

Whenever anybody asks me this question, I always say that I want people to notice how hard I worked. This is true for this project, too. I’m not one of those people who always does the bare minimum. I always throw in my best effort and think, ‘if my best isn’t enough, than I don’t know what is.’ I always try to do my best in everything I do because my best is enough for me. I always want people to know how proud I am of the work I accomplished and that I worked hard on whatever I did.

Forward Looking: One thing I would like to improve upon is …

One thing I would like to improve upon is my timing. I was doing a lot of research, and I wasn’t sure what to do next, so I was a little bit behind at the very end. I’m still proud of how my work turned out, but I know I could’ve done even better if I had more time. I’m proud, but next project, I’m definitely leaving myself time!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Is There Life in Space? 5/23/19

Link  by NASA Solar System Exploration       We all know the typical sci-fi movie where an alien monster drops out of some unknown pl...