Thursday, December 20, 2018

Charity Fair Project Blog 12/20

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S1_6YWG6rtJ4_6YY2cL5oTjbxMHGDh7t/view


For Charity Fair this year, our group chose the charity The Children's Defense Fund, a charity that helps children in poverty. We launched the project in Social Studies, where we researched our charity and what it does for the issue(s) it tries to solve. The Children's Defense Fund strives to give each child the future they deserve by abolishing child hunger, poverty and lack of education. The founder, Marian Wright Edelman, dedicated her career to helping these children and making the future more hopeful for them. Every child should be able to have the life that they deserve, so our team decided to to make tote bags with the Children's Defense Fund logo on them to raise money for this charity. Once the products were made, we had to make an Ignite Presentation on the topic that we would present on the night of Charity Fair.The presentation had to have meaningful images that supported what we were saying. The link above leads to the pre-timed presentation that my team made. 

Backward-Looking:
  • How much did you know about the subject before we started?
I'm an eighth grader here, so I've been to four Charity Fairs. The concept was the same: make a product and an Ignite and sell on Charity fair night. This year, though, we were selling in the gym for more space. We also needed to make a business card for our 'company' to hand out to people at our booth on Charity Fair. I liked selling in the gym, and I thought that it was nice with the business cards. It had our charity's information on it as well, so if we were already sold out, people could still donate on their own time. 

Inward-Looking:
  • How do you feel about this piece of work? What parts of it do you particularly like? Dislike? Why? What did/do you enjoy about this piece or work?
I'm really proud with what I made on Charity Fair. My group sold out, and our Ignite presentation made it into the finals, so we stand a chance of getting $5,000 donated to our charity. I liked presenting the presentation to everyone the most; I felt that I had worked the most on that, and we did a really good job. I thought that our trifold and booth was also nice. There were a couple of things with the making of the product that I would make neater, but I'm really proud of my work.


Outward-Looking:
  • Did you do your work the way other people did theirs? In what ways did you do it differently? In what ways was your work or process similar?
Everyone had the same assignments, but everyone did theirs a little bit differently. At home, I made the base of our product and the team added final touches at school. Other groups made the whole things at school, and some made it all at home. We also split up the work among two people each and did what we were best at for the trifold. Some people did decoration while others typed and some printed. Other groups just worked on the same thing.

Forward-Looking:
  • What would you change if you had a chance to do this piece over again?
I would make the product a little bit neater in some places, and I would manage my time a little bit better if I could do this over again. The hardest part was time management. We finished everything in time, but I would still manage better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is There Life in Space? 5/23/19

Link  by NASA Solar System Exploration       We all know the typical sci-fi movie where an alien monster drops out of some unknown pl...