Thursday, September 24, 2015

Organelle Trail Project Blog 9/24/15









Summary: This week we continued our cell unit. The organelles that live in both plants and animals are the vacuole, the nucleus, the mitochondria and the cytoplasm. The ones who only live in plant cells are the chloroplast and the cell wall. The vacuole stores food, water, sugar and  waste. It looks like a bubble. Plants have one big vacuole, and animals have a bunch of little ones. The cytoplasm it a jelly-like substance that suspends all the other organelles in place. The cell wall holds up the plant. The chloroplast turns light into energy.The nucleus is the brain of the cell. The mitochondria provides energy for the cell. The cell membrane lets things go inside and out of the cell.



Backward looking: How much did you know before the project?  I didn't know very much about cells at all. My old school was not very big on science education. We started talking about plant cells, but that was once a week and we were in 4th grade. We didn't do very much. All we did is read the definitions of the organelle. Then, we made a cell out of candy, yogurt and fruit. That was fun, but I like this better.



Inward looking: What did you like about the project? What was satisfying? The physical description was very satisfying. The picture was very realistic.I feel very proud of the work that my team accomplished. I had a lot of help that was badly needed. On the day it was due, we were very productive.

Outward looking: What grade would you give it? why? I would give my project a B+ because our poster does not even look like a wanted poster. We forgot it was supposed to even be a wanted poster so we made it as though it was informative. The pictures and crime are really corny. And I wrote Academics instead of Accomplices!The picture under that is weird.


Forward looking: One thing I want to improve for next time is.....
I want to make it look more like a wanted poster. And even though you can't tell, we were arguing a lot. Tuesday was our only productive day. We were spending all our time fussing over a worthless google doc. This is what I want to improve on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is There Life in Space? 5/23/19

Link  by NASA Solar System Exploration       We all know the typical sci-fi movie where an alien monster drops out of some unknown pl...