Friday, February 12, 2016

Matter matters

http://www.learnnc.org/lp/media/lessons/Indianajennette2112003807/ThreeStatesofMatter.jpg
Summary: This week I learned that matter is anything that takes up space. Three states of matter are solids, liquids, and gases. Matter can change states. The most common way matter changes is temperature changes. If I had a beaker with an ice cube in it and heated it, it would melt and turn from a solid to a liquid. If I cooled the liquid, it would turn back to a solid. If I heated the liquid, it would turn into a gas. If I cooled the gas, it would turn back into a liquid. If I heated the gas, It would explode the lid of the beaker. So matter likes to change. The three main states of matter are solids, liquids, and gases. There are two more states. Plasma another one.


S&EP
This week we were looking at different websites to find out more about matter.
I found out that matter changes all of the time. We were doing two different games.
One was a matter sorter. It would give me a tile and then I had to sort the tile into either
solid, liquid, gas or plasma. A pencil is a solid, soda is a liquid, air is a gas, and lightning is a plasma.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is There Life in Space? 5/23/19

Link  by NASA Solar System Exploration       We all know the typical sci-fi movie where an alien monster drops out of some unknown pl...