Sunday, February 28, 2016

Periodic Elements.

http://sciencenotes.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/PeriodicTableMeltingPoint.png
This week we started a project that was our element baby book. It is a book based on our element's life. I am doing platinum and I learned a lot just by doing research. Platinum was discovered in 1735 by Julius Scalier. Platinum is a metal and it's atomic mass is 195.084 u. It's atomic number is 78. The number of protons is 78, the number of neutrons is 117, and the number of electrons is 78. Platinum's melting point is 3,215°F and it's boiling point is 6,917°F. The name of its family is Transition metals and the other elements in its family are Ruthenium, rhodium, palladium, osmium and iridium. Platinum is used in jewelry, containers and catalyst.


S&EP: SP4
This week I made a table to keep my data on the periodic table in order and safe. I wrote down all of my data and I know where I keep it so I can reverence the text whenever I need to.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Is There Life in Space? 5/23/19

Link  by NASA Solar System Exploration       We all know the typical sci-fi movie where an alien monster drops out of some unknown pl...