Thursday, March 3, 2016

Element baby book

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6a/Platinum-nugget.jpg

This week we finished up our element baby books. Mine ended up pretty good and I learned that platinum is very rare and its population is 0.003 ppm in the earth's crust. Platinum is also very hard to find and we need it for about one fifth of the things we use. I have a good presentation and worked hard on it. I also learned that Platinum has 78 protons, 117 neutrons, and 78 electrons. It's family name is called the Transition Metals and has four other members.

How much did you know about the subject before we started?
Well, not really anything. I always wanted to know about elements and the periodic table from what my parents said about it but I never really understood anything that they said. It was always about chemistry. But I always was curious about the fact and pictures that my parents showed and tried to teach me. My parents love chemistry! And now, so do I. I really loved the project and I want to do it again. It was so fun!

How do you feel about this piece of work? What parts of it do you particularly like? Dislike? Why? What did/do you enjoy about this piece or work?
I liked how much I learned about the elements and disliked how little time we had to complete it. I absolutley loved the facts that I found but I feel like I could do it a lot better if I had more time. But the project in general was really really fun. 

What grade would you give it? Why?
I would give it an A- because I feel that if I had focused more I could have put in a lot more facts, and good ones too. I just feel that I allowed myself to be distracted in other people's projects and wasn't focused a lot on mine. 

What would you change if you had a chance to do this piece over again?
I would change how focused I am. I could do a lot better if I was very focused.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Is There Life in Space? 5/23/19

Link  by NASA Solar System Exploration       We all know the typical sci-fi movie where an alien monster drops out of some unknown pl...