Thursday, March 17, 2016

Mineral Project Blog

http://geogallery.si.edu/img/objects/400x400/DMS110300146.jpg

This week I learned a lot about my mineral amazonite. It's colors are blue, green, purple, gray, and multicolored. The luster is vitreous. It's density is 2,56-2,58 g·cm-3.
The chemical composition is KALSiO8 Potassium aluminum silicate. The hardness is 6 - 6.5. No condiuctivity was detected. Streak: white. The cleavage/fracture is conchoidal. The mineral structure is Triclinic.



How much did you know about the subject before we started?
Well, I didn't know very much, but I knew some things. In the summer, my mom would give me a topic to research and I would present that research in a presentation to her at the end of the day. Sometimes the topic was minerals. 

What was especially satisfying to you about either the process or the finished product?
The most satisfying part of the process was that most of the information was easy to get. I worked hard on my project, and even found my mineral! I found it in Idaho. 

What the one thing you particularly want people to notice when they look at your work?
One thing I want people to notice when they look at my work is that I worked hard on it. i made sure that I wrote everything correctly and outlined it with a border. 

What would you change if you had a chance to do this piece over again?
I would change the way I bordered each of the information sections. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Is There Life in Space? 5/23/19

Link  by NASA Solar System Exploration       We all know the typical sci-fi movie where an alien monster drops out of some unknown pl...