Saturday, September 10, 2016

Project Blog 9/10/16

SUMMARY: This week I had to make a scientific method cartoon. Mine was titled "Fred the duck's (And Manny's) scientific method." The first square was where Manny, the main guy, had his favorite toy truck broken. He thought that this was a huge problem. The second square was where Manny was researching different types of glue that might possibly fix his truck. In the third square, Manny made a hypothesis. “So if the type of glue affects the fixture of my truck, then superglue will work better than a glue stick.” Manny then observed the damage to his truck to see how to fix it. Manny carefully smeared glue from a stick onto the wheel of his truck, and it breaks. Part one of the experiment was a failure. The second part, however, where Manny puts superglue onto the wheel, is a success. Manny is overjoyed and carefully analyzes his data in a table. Manny concludes that superglue works the best. And the last four squares are all about Fred the duck’s truck (which is more of a sailboat on wheels) breaks, gets fixed, and yeah. Then, Fred is pleased and shows his gratitude with a cream pie. I like doing the project because it included art and I included funnyness. Congratulations! You have read the whole paragraph! Fred the duck will now show his gratitude with a cream pie!


SPLAT!
    
  BACKWARD LOOKING: Does this work tell a story?
Yes. This work tells the story of poor Manny, and how he learned how to fix things. And how Fred the duck fixed his rolling sailboat. This work also tells a story on how I like to be funny in my work.

INWARD LOOKING: What does this piece tell you about yourself and how you learn?
I like to be creative and funny in my work. I’m just experimenting to see if being funnier gets me a better grade or not. I think that I did a good job being funny.

OUTWARD LOOKING: Did you do your work the way other people did theirs? In what ways did you do it differently? In what ways was your work or process similar?
I think that my work was different from my classmate's work because mine was funnier. But some kids didn’t include the experiment and some did.
FORWARD LOOKING: One thing I would like to improve upon is …
The fact that my drawings were rushed, because I was running out of time.

The highlighted words are key words. 

problem


researching


hypothesis


observed

experiment



analyzes

concludes

         


No comments:

Post a Comment

Is There Life in Space? 5/23/19

Link  by NASA Solar System Exploration       We all know the typical sci-fi movie where an alien monster drops out of some unknown pl...